Return to the main menu
What is lag?
Lag is another word for Latency.
Latency is a measure of the quality of your internet connection. Many factors contribute to your latency (including but not exclusive to the performance of your system and the speed of your internet service provider). Your latency has a large impact on the speed of games you play over the internet, so we have developed a system for users to easily gauge their latency, and the latency of others.
How to check your Internet connection:
- Bandwidth Speed Test: If you are still having problems, you may want to check your current connections available bandwidth at http://computingcentral.msn.com/topics/bandwidth/speedtest.asp.
- Internet Traffic Report: The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. You may want to visit this web site to get an idea about the reliability of your region's connections.
- If the Internet connection information shows you have a connection below what you think your modem and ISP should be connecting at, please contact your ISP to see if there are any problems with their service.
How to reduce Latency:
- Updated modem drivers
- Alternative connection numbers to your Internet Service Provider
- Try connecting at off peak times
- Close other Internet applications
Contact the Blizzard Entertainment technical support staff
©2000 Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved.