Sharman links that don't work
A growing multitude of Sharmans have left links that no longer work. For reasons that escape me at the moment, I have decided to keep track of them. Sad, really.
It's a curious thing, though, how appropriate the "dead site" messages can be for the site that has vanished. To prove it, I've kept a record of that, too. Definitely sad.
Just so you understand, Sharman relatives, this is a page of dead web sites, dead links, and of
archaeological remains on the web. Circulez, il n'y a rien a voir.
- An ancestor of Mark Vickers: Amy Victoria Sharman
[File not found]
- A person who's into plastic: Angela Sharman
- A student learning about health at the University of Hull:
Anita C. Sharman
[X.500 WWW error: not found]
- A researcher from the Reading University School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, who's into new specialisations in the head Anna Sharman.
[page is there but blank]
- "Linda, Naomi, and Claudia had better make room for
Millar Sharman, the newest face to reach the supermodel ranks."
[file not found. Sic transit gloria mundi]
- Arabella Sharman briefly got back on the list - as a bellybutton above unzipped yellow shorts - then vanished again. That's the problem with gloria mundi. It transits ever faster.
[The file you are looking for has moved, changed and/or no longer exists.]
- One of the Texan attorney members of the Aviation Crime Prevention Institute, Inc.:
Baker Brown Sharman.
[Disappeared without trace. Volatilised.]
- The owner of Barry Sharman Caravans Ltd.(Est. 26 Years):
[Page not found]
- The man who planned City Hall Park in Red Deer Alberta just before the first World War:
C.A. Julian Sharman.
[The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.]
- The managing editor on the Council of the Australian Society of Archivists Inc.:
Bob Sharman. Now there's a man a family historian should know.
[Too bad, really: Error 404]
- A beauty queen, wife, mother and model in Atlanta, Florida: Brenda Sharman. Perhaps she has disappeared because (according to Pageant News Bureau) she has started a call-in line aimed toward women who want the "real facts" about the business.
- An expert on Secession and Federalism:
[Succeded? The requested URL /~griffith/v3chap6.htm was not found on this server.]
- A "hot young guitarist" in the UK:
[page not found]
- A non-academic staff member of the University of Hull's Accounting and Finance Dept.: Dorothy Sharman
[X.500 WWW error: not found]
- An oarsman in the Nottingham Boat Club who won at the 1995 Ironbridge Regatta:
[page not found]
David Sharman, who's into outplacement, career counselling and self-development planning.
[Outplaced: File Not Found.]
- The senior Market Consultant for Transaction Processing products at IBM, Hursley Dr. Geoff Sharman. You'll never again have to complain you can't find a Transaction Processing product when you need one.
[Guess I spoke too soon - he's vanished from the page.]
- Someone whose dedication to cycling is incredible and who knows the meaning of "sacrifice": Graeme Sharman is married to Lucy Tyler-Sharman, but they rarely share the same continent.
[HTTP/1.0 404 Object not found]
- A school Placement Coordinator (I had no idea schools were so mobile) in Manitoba: Heather Sharman
[Document not found]
- An ex-police officer and Nintendo console designer: Ian James Sharman also has the rare distinction, for a Sharman, of living in Scotland.
[Yet rarer, now: Netscape cannot locate the server.]
- John Sharman sold personal e-mail addresses.
[Either he's moved on, or been anonymized. The page is still there, he ain't.]
- The editor and writer of Cable and Satellite Times, the new online magazine for all the family: John Sharman.
[Error 404 Document not found]
- An academic who is singlehandedly keeping Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics Speech & Signal Processing in business: Dr. Ken C. Sharman
[But his server is letting him down: ERROR 312 -- Cannot connect to the server]
- Once a self-confessed newbie, but no longer! Kim Sharman is now a huge fan of the rock group Van Halen and a proud member of the VHML. She also likes tattoos (you can see her look stoic as someone tattoos a bird on her chest, and Kim says the rose is on her calf - but where is the scorpion?
[Sadly, we'll never know. The requested URL /kims/ was not found on this server.]
- If you think lawyers should be able to sell their wares on line, Lane Sharman (firstname.lastname@example.org) is not going to disagree.
[If you can find him. I can't. Error 404. Your file was not found. Not the sort of thing you want to hear a lawyer tell you.]
- A specialist in insurance of property and casualties in the entertainment industry: Lee Sharman.
[Is he a casualty himself? ERROR 205 -- DNS name lookup failure.]
- The administrator of Beit Theatre: Mark Sharman who wants to divert tourists into the Beit Quadrangle, and then divert them some more.
[But Netscape has also been diverted and can no longer locate his server.]
- I was visitor 177 to M.J. Sharman enterprises, which is an impressive total since this site has been "under major construction" since its birth and consists largely of a counter and an otherwise blank page.
[Netscape couldn't even find it in 2001.]
- An unusual family: Michael & Wendy Sharman & their Elkhounds.
[Vanished from the page. Shame, really, one of our more colourful namesakes. In 2001 Michael contacted me by email and told me he never even knew he was on the web. Bit worrying really - who is putting people on the internet without telling them?]
- A Rotarian Methodist who specializes in large tracts of acreage and timberland: Mike Sharman
[404 Not Found]
- An aerobat in Australia: Neil Sharman
[Server playing possum, or whatever passes for a possum in Australia.]
- An academic from Southampton, UK with interests in computers, Language, Speech, Music, Maths, Travel, Wine, and naff website wallpaper: Dr Richard Sharman
[You'll have to take my work about the wallpaper. Page not found]
- A composer in Canada: Rodney Sharman
[The requested URL /music/comp/sharman.html was not found on this server.]
- Someone with a mission to teach about water and wastewater: Ronald Sharman.
[Health warning: Don't hold your breath while loading this page. 404 Not Found]
- An estate agent who takes care to describe the property as accurately as possible (unlike those other ones): Roy Sharman
[The requested URL /roy-sharman/ was not found on this server. No comment.]
- An international marketing director who lives a lifestyle only the rich and famous experience: Sheri Sharman. Why are Sharmans all blonde?
[She's been unpersonned - gone from the page. Too much high living perhaps.]
- Her name is Sheri Sharman and welcome to her site. Really. She appreciates you all taking the time to explore this site and all it has to offer. And you'll need all the time you have, it takes forever to load.
[And I mean forever: HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found. Someone is hunting down Sheris?]
- Simon Sharman doubed whether aliens are dangerous.
[But they got him anyway: Document Not Found (Error 404)]
- A (probably dislexic) student at Whittier Christian High School: Snadi Sharman
[Did they finally throw her out? 404 Not Found]
- Want a blue-eyed model with a 10D shoe? Steve Sharman could be your man!
[Well, might have been. The requested URL /directions/SHARMAN.HTML was not found on this server.]
- A Resources & Finance Coordinator who is attempting to provide the UK with the beginnings of a credible technological and cultural infrastructure which will allow it to participate in the increasingly important international space arena: Steve Sharman
[Another unperson. Ousted from the committee, gone from the page.]
- A cartoonist in California: Tim Sharman
[That's a joke: HTTP Error 404]
- The chairman of the Steveston Interurban Restoration Society: Victor "Vic" Sharman.
[Error. No such file. Been restored.]
- Someone who worked extensively with the Meat Industry and who now has extensive experience of both science project and programme management: Dr Wayne R. Sharman.
[Too much dioxin in the meat? Or is this early symptoms of CJD? The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.]
- A sporty High School Mathematics teacher from Pennsylvania who likes warm climates: Wendy Sharman (Yup. Blonde.)
[You'll have to take my word for it: Error! The file you requested was not found]
- One of Lloyd of London's nicely anonymous Brokers: Morgan, Read & Sharman Ltd.
[Did they go broke? The requested object does not exist on this server.]
- A horse ridden by Shane Sellers: Sharman.
[I warned him to watch out for Wayne, but would he listen? Gone without a trace. Someone call Nick Sharman.]
- A cyclist much in the Australian news: Lucy Tyler-Sharman. She's blonde, of course. You want proof? (I'm cheating a bit - she's really a blonde Tyler, married to Graeme Sharman.)
[In any case she's not found - file doesn't exist or is read protected [even tried multi].
Martin John Sharman
Site maintained by:
Revised: Saturday, 12 May, 2001